Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Stash Enhancement

How cool is this?! It's been a long time since I've added to my stash, so this was a real treat. Double treat - no kids (my sister took them for the day), and this was a birthday treat from dh( the big 4-0 this sunday - Ack!).

It was an adventure. I planned to go up to Chatham to the Warm Ewe, not realizing they aren't open on Tues. No biggie - I'll go check out Countrywool in Hudson, which i've been wanting to do for a while. Found that tucked back on a dirt road, only to find that she, too, is closed on Tues. Oops! So, I headed down to Rock City, near Red Hook, to Sheep's Clothing (Morehouse Merinos), knowing they were open.

Ah, I love this shop. The yarn is heavenly soft and the colours are so delicious. MMmmm! Wish I had a digital cam, I'd post some pics. Will do that asap, my sis has one. I picked out five skeins of variegated 3ply in different shades - maybe for a blanket knit in diagonal garter that I saw there, or maybe for a sweater I've got rolling around in my brain. Also four skeins in Plum, Olive, Cranberry, and an orange-gold colour for a scarf knit the long way in garter I saw a woman wearing in the grocery store - was it last winter? Hmmm. And last, a skein of fingering weight, variegated yarn in shades of coral, pink, light green, gold with a pattern for a lacy shawl.

Needless to say, I'm a happy camper. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home