Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Happy birthday to me!

Can I still pretend I'm 39? Yesterday was my 40th birthday, but I just don't feel as old as 40 sounds to me. I know, I know...40 is still a spring chicken...but it may take me a little while to get used to the idea of it applying to me!

But, as birthdays go, this was a really nice one. Hung out at home with the kids and hubby for the morning and even got my presents early - a beautiful little bluebird my dd had painted in a ceramics class she took last week and a beautiful ruana w/ Celtic designs on it from Signals. Just what I've been craving these cold mornings and evenings. Then, my best friend, Linda (and almost my birthday twin - she turns 40 today) called to see if me and the kids wanted to go swimming at the school pool. Daddy watched the baby while Winter, Shane and I went swimming. It's so much fun, me wonders why I don't do it more often?!

After dinner came my wonderful birthday serenade and a melt in your mouth Silk Tuxedo Cheesecake. Mmmmm! Wow! All really special. Makes me truly grateful for the many blessings I have.

I've been holding off on starting anything new with the yarn I bought last week, trying to put my limited time into finishing off that second sock I've been working on. But last night, after rolling one of the skeins into a ball, I thought "No harm in making a gauge swatch". And, yes, tonight, while the kids were taking a bath, any fly on the wall would have seen me starting the garter stitch throw i got the pattern for last week also, knit on the diagonal. Oh, the colors of this variegated yarn are so beautiful! So....now i'll have two fun projects to keep me occupied (smile)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home