Thursday, March 10, 2005

Rise and Shine Clementine!

I notice I'm waking up earlier these days, as the sun starts coming up earlier and earlier - Come on spring! I also notice...the kids are doing the same thing! Last week they were even waking me up a few days in a row. I like when I wake first and can have a little time for myself before things start rolling. I like when I can get out for a walk too, before everyone gets up. Thought about it this morning, but then I looked at the thermometer....2 degrees....guess not this morning. Brrr!

One of the many things I like about homeschooling is that i can let my daughter sleep in until she wakes up in the morning.

Do you ever wake up with sweater ideas in your head? Since I really started knitting again after the holidays, I keep waking up with pictures of sweater in mind. One night, in the wee hours of the morning, I couldn't fall back to sleep after nursing the baby, and I had this sweater floating around in there. It's really pretty cool. I can see the color and the texture of the yarn, and the patterns on the sweater. I don't have any experience "designing" sweaters necessarily, but I've been writing down these ideas, and looking forward to making them happen.

Things I wonder about:

- There must be a book out there about designing sweaters - I'm sure I've seen one (there are probably quite a few, actually). Maybe something by Ann Budd...who knows. (I love to read and learn through books)
- How do you submit pattern ideas for publication? How do you sell them? Do you copyright them first? (probably a good idea) And how do you do that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home