Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Long Lost Wip


So here she is! An aran sweater I was working on in college...almost 20 years ago. It's so funny that I found this, because I had completely forgotten about it, but have been really recently wanting to make an aran sweater and was starting to look for patterns. I also didn't realize how much I had gotten done on it. It's been so long that I can't remember why I stopped working on it. And sadly, where the last skein of yarn went that I would need to finish it!!! I have this dim thought/memory(?) that maybe, after not having worked on the sweater for a long time, and needing yarn for a project with some kidlets, I just used that. Much lack of foresight, alas.

I originally used Lion Brand Yarn - Debyshire which is a 3ply baby and sport yarn ( I have the label from the partial skein I have remaining). Of course they no longer have that but I emailed to see if they could maybe recommend a good substitute. It may be a longshot, but it's such a beautiful sweater, it's worth a shot. I figure I have enough to finish the front which is good. Then maybe I could find something really close to do the sleeves.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home