Thursday, April 21, 2005

One row at a time

A row at a time. A stitch at a time. I was counting stitches as this was loading. I put some time in on the garter stitch blanket tonight. I'm still loving it... the colors and all. Now that it's getting bigger, the rows, of course, take longer, but I'm plugging away at it. This is the first big project I've done in a while. My more recent projects have been big needles, fat yarn, fast progress. But now I find that I' m eager to do some projects with more detail, thinner yarn. For a while there it was about seeing results fast. Maybe with such little kids and such little time....

I'm procrastinating on going any further on the child's cardigan I had in mind for my daughter, with the "houses" lace pattern on it. I think that's about two things... 1) since I need to start the pattern row next, whenever I think to do it, seems like not a good time for a pattern that needs any amount of focused attention to detail and...2) I haven't figured out how I want to do the buttonband. I'm thinking i want to do it in one piece, as I'm knitting the sweater, not sewn on or picked up later. Looking for a pretty close to seamless look. Time to sit my fanny down for 15 minutes and put some thought into it. I probably already said this in an earlier post, but " I can do anything for 15 minutes" and that 15 minutes is often enough to chase the procrastination away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home