Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I started knitting up a swatch while i was waiting for those last pictures to upload. Sock yarn - Trampoline Stretch in a red rainbow colorway - on size 1 needles. It's like knitting a bitty something for a doll! It's been so long since I've knit so small. I've been dying to do another pair of socks. I was thinking it might be a pain to knit on the small needles, but it's actually a nice change.

Had a busy evening tonight. Winter was going to a "Belly Jam" with her Brownie troop tonight - actually learning to belly dance! I had to drop her off at the school for her ride @ 4:15. Than back home with the boys to get Shane ready for hockey @ 6:30. Morgan and I hung out in the bleachers while he played. Morgan(3) loves to climb up and down the bleachers. Tonight he discovered he could throw his mitten down behind the bleachers, then go all the way down and retrieve it. :) Up and down, up and down he went.

After hockey, we headed over to pick up Winter from her troop leader's (and daughter's) house. They were having such a good time, and I hung out and talked for a little bit. It's nice getting to know another new person. The girls get along really well. It turns out they have a camper at the campground across the way from us. We were already talking about getting together in the summer when they're camping.

I used to be so shy and aloof about meeting new people and making conversation, but as I get older, that seems to be falling away. I once had a guy I was dating say, "You can ask anyone anything. The worst they can say is no, they don't want to answer." At the time I just felt pressed to come up with conversation topics, and really awkward, but I never forgot that. Nowadays, my curiosity leads me to ask things I never would have thought of before. Not rude, just getting to know you things.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cactusneedles said...

I know what you mean about the being shy thing. One day I just started talking to another mom at school and then, poof, we keep talking and have become friends. It's scary how that happens, you get older and you realize it's kind of stupid to not talk to somebody!! Are you from AZ? I saw your comment on NHKnitting Mama. Take care.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home